Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dopey Challenge: Prologue to Race Recap

A lot of you probably know that I have been preparing for the 2015 Dopey Challenge over the past 9 months, Well, I did it!! Yes! I ran 48.6 miles in 4 days, I ran my first (& last) marathon! I slept at most 3 hours a night for 4 days. I ran with a torn meniscus, I met lots of amazing running friends despite running the races "solo" I changed my costumes 1000000 times because it was actually pretty cold during the race mornings, & by cold I mean freezing! 

I had the most amazing, 5 days (yes, I'm including the expo) ! 
No, I would most likely not do it again (unless I hit the lottery!) 
I would not recommend running Dopey as your fist marathon (but it certainly can be done)

Bare with me as I post my day to day dopey race recaps. I am in school full time, and will be typing out posts in between classes.

Thank you all for dealing with me as I took some time off writing. I moved a week before Dopey, and with school starting back up I haven't had time to blog, but will definitely be playing catch up this weekend! 
 One of my many favorite signs from the Marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment