Friday, January 30, 2015

Dopey Expo Recap/ start of my marathon journey/ the night before Dopey

I absolutely love Expos. Probably more specifically Run Disney Expo's. I think I may enjoy the expo more than the race itself.

I'm going to give some background on why I love these expo's so much.

My first expo was the 2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Expo. I saw all the people picking up their bibs, and getting excited about the upcoming races for the weekend, I stopped by to see if I could get a pair of the coveted Minnie Mouse Run Disney sneakers ( I snagged a pair of the kids version & saved some money too!)




At this point I was preparing to run the  Princess Half Marathon in about 5 weeks. My training wasn't what it should have been, not even close. The most I had run at this point, was maybe 6 miles? But I saw a shirt that said I'm training for a Disney Marathon 2015.




"Wow! I would love to run a marathon" However, I don't think I realized how far 13.1 miles was at this point, let alone 26.2!



Well fast forward 1 year, and I'm one of those crazy people who aren't just running a marathon, but all 4 races! the 5K, the 10K, the Half Marathon, and the Full Marathon! Yep Thats 48.6 miles, and the decision I made when I signed up 9 months prior. I had so many emotions, I couldn't believe the weekend was finally here.



I went to a Dopey Challenge meet up after picking up my bib, and race shirts. I bought a Dopey Challenge Bondi Band, and a Dopey Challenge I Did It Shirt. I tried to find a 26.2 magnet or sticker, but there wasn't any I liked. I forgot to pick up a Dopey Challenge magnet amongst all the excitement, but thankfully was able to find one after the marathon! I was getting ready to leave, and something pulled me into the Dooney & Bourke tent and I walked out with a wristlet I didn't need, but it was my first marathon, my first Dopey, and I was being nostalgic.
I also apologize to the cast member who I made look through at least 15 wristlets for the perfect pattern placement.



I also met a super amazing lady at the expo who invited me to stay with her in her vacation villa after hearing that I was going to be driving back and forth to and from the races until I checked into my hotel on Friday night. She so so nice, and I am so thankful to have had a buddy help me get through this crazy challenge!

The night before the 5K we attempted to go to Downtown Disney for dinner, but it was so crowded we went to Noodles and Company, which was so much better! Not that we needed to carb up for the 5K, but any excuse to eat pasta is good for me!


Also, I attempted to go to bed at a reasonable hour, however, we were plagued with freezing temperatures for the 5K, so that called for a last minute costume change, and a trip to Walmart to buy out all the gloves, hats, hot hands, and blankets, because this is Florida, and as a Floridian, I do not go outside in freezing temperatures with big gusts of wind. I definitely wasn't going to be caught dead out there in a sports bra. Sorry Anna costume, the cold bothers this Dopey.


Stay tuned to find out who I became for my last minute costume change, and how the 5K went :)

Disclaimer: I own all of the pictures except for the Ryan Gosling Meme, & I'm training for a Disney Marathon 2015. - Thanks Google ;)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this blog post Kaitlyn. It was so cool that you met a kind person that let you stay in her vacation villa do would not have to travel back and forth.

    ReplyDelete