Sunday, December 14, 2014

Where have I been? Not training, thats for sure.

Okay so between finals, working, going to NYC for Thanksgiving, & having acid nail bed surgery, It has been a crazy 6 weeks!

I finally have a few weeks before I move back to Orlando on January 2nd, just a couple days before my first Marathon! Nervous would be an understatement!

Due to injury, my long runs have slowly became non existent runs, but crossing fingers I will be cleared to run again on December 18th!

Since my training schedule has been less than ideal, I am planning to get in 2 mock Dopey Challenge runs, (4 days, increasing mileage each day, slow pace) Probably starting with 3 miles, 6 miles, 10 miles, and 20 miles.  I had hoped to get up to 23 miles in training, but not sure how that will work out. Have I mentioned this is my first marathon? Yeah, it is. Who is crazy enough to run 48.6 miles the same weekend you are running your first marathon? Oh yeah, that would be me again.

I keep going back & forth with emotions, so for the next 4 days, I will distract myself with costume making. I have 4 races to plan for!


No comments:

Post a Comment